Legal Services Unit
To provide expertise and services on legal matters.
- Provide legal services
- Provide legal Interpretation and enforcement of the environmental management legislation
- Provide secretariat services to the Board Meetings
- Provide support to the Attorney General Office in litigation against and on behalf of the council.
- Gather information and evidence on cases compile the information as required
- Respond to public legal inquiries about Council’s operations
- Prepare legal contracts and agreement and ensure safe custody.
- Administer compliance to the terms of agreements and contracts to ensure that the council’s interests are safeguarded.
- Review and develop the organization’s legal procedures and recommends areas of improvement.
- Ensure safe custody of legal documents
- Review legal reports and provide legal opinions on matters involving the Council’s claims for presentation
- Coordinate investigation of the environmental criminal cases in collaboration with Government investigation organs
- Liase with statutory authorities on the environmental criminal cases
Habari na Matukio