Kanda ya Ziwa Victoria
Lake Victoria Zonal Office is one of the zonal offices established by the National Environment Management Council to provide services to the lake zone.
The zonal office is located in Mwanza Region, Mwanza city, at PSSSF building, front Wing, Sixth floor.
Physical & Postal Address
PSSF Front Wing, 6th Floor,
Plot No. 17/1, 17/2 & 18
P. O. Box 11045, Mwanza
Telephone: +255 28 2541679,
Mobile: 0712/ 0689 224330
Fax: +255 28 2541679
The zone is responsible to undertake all function of the Council at the Zone level mainly:
- Carry out environmental audits; Carry out surveys in assisting proper management of the environment; Undertake and coordinate research, investigation and surveys on environmental matters at the zone;
- Review and recommend for approval, environmental impact statements;
- Identify projects and programmes or types of projects and programmes for which environmental audit or environmental monitoring must be conducted ;
- Enforce and ensure compliance to the Environmental Management Act No.20 of 2004;
- Initiate and evolve procedures and safeguards for the prevention of accidents which might cause environmental degradation.
- Undertake in co-operation with relevant sector Ministries programmes intended to enhance environmental education and public awareness about the need for sound environmental management as well as for enlisting public support;
- Attending different environmental Complaints reported at the zonal office.
CoverageLake Victoria Zonal Office provides services to five Regions namely Mwanza, Geita, Mara, Shinyanga and Simiyu.