Internal Audit Unit
This Unit will be led by a Manager.
To provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer in the proper management of the Councils resources.
- Coordinate, supervise and review of the financial audit, performance audit, system audit and value for money audit
- Serve as Secretary to the Audit Management Committee
- Review and report on proper control over the receipt, custody and utilization of all financial resources of the Council.
- Review and report on conformity with financial and operational procedures
- Carry out internal control audits and advise the management on the adequacy of internal control systems.
- Prepare strategic and annual audit plan for the Council
- Review and report on the reliability and integrity of financial and operating data;
- Review and report on the adequacy of action by the management in response to internal audit reports, and advice management on the implementation or recommendations made by the Controller and Auditor General.
- Conduct performance audit on appraisal of development projects
- Liaise with external auditors on the annual audits and ensure that the External Auditors reports are followed by management and implemented
- Undertake periodic reviews on compliance issues and
- Collate, aggregate, interpret and analyze risk reports from the whole Council and compile required reports.
Habari na Matukio